Thanksgiving Dinner Competition
Competition Details / Terms & Conditions
Entry to the Draw
Win a Lone Star Thanksgiving Dinner at your place for you and your mates, thanks to Lone Star Loyal & Wild Turkey.
Simply scan your Lone Star Loyal App at the cashier with any purchase from Sunday 1 October – Tuesday 31 October 2017 and you’re automatically in the draw.
You can also scan the barcode at the bottom of your receipt within 72 hours of dining.
Competition closes on Tuesday 31 October 2017 and the winner will be drawn and announced on Monday 6 November.
If the winner is unable to be reached by 5.00pm on Tuesday 7 November, or is unable to organise a suitable date to host the prize, the winner with forfeit and prize will be re-drawn.
Prize is a Thanksgiving Dinner for up to 10 people hosted at your place. This consists of a three course dinner including entrées, mains and desserts for up to ten people at your home served buffet style; cooked by Lone Star’s Executive Chefs. Food and beverage will be provided*
Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
Terms & Conditions
- The "Promoter" is Lone Star Cafe and Bar Franchise Limited.
- Entry is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s partners associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter, including Lone Star franchisees and their employees.
- Each guest that visits a Lone Star store and scans their Lone Star Loyal App from Sunday 1 October – Tuesday 31 October will automatically be in the draw.
- To enter the competition, entrants must have downloaded the Lone Star Loyal App and have filled in all their correct details: their full name, a current and valid email address, date of birth, address and phone number.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should its ability to fulfill its obligations be limited or prohibited at any stage by any form of failure, technical or otherwise, or by any law.
- The Promotional Period commences at 12.01am on Sunday 1 October 2017 and will finish at 11.59pm on Tuesday 31 October 2017 ("Promotional Period").
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The competition is scheduled to be drawn on Monday 6 November 2017. The Promoter reserves the right to change this date at any time before, during or after the Promotional Period. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified by phone. Inability to contact a winner by close of the business day following the prize draw will result in the prize being forfeited and a further draw will be conducted.
- Choice or hire of home/venue is at the discretion and expense of the winner. This does not have to be the winner’s personal home. The home or venue chosen must have seating and table catering to a minimum of 10 people.
- Home/venue must be within a 50km radius of a Lone Star restaurant.
- Entrée, main and dessert for each guest will be served in a buffet style.
- A photographer will be in attendance on the evening to photograph the event.
- The winners consent to their names, submitted photos and text summaries being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion.
- Winner must be able to host the dinner on one of the following dates: Thursday 23 November, Friday 24 November or Saturday 25 November.
- The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The prize winners agree that the Promoter may use their name, image and prize win for future marketing and promotional use without further compensation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the winning entries.
- Tampering with the entry process, or submitting an entry not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, will disqualify the entry.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or late entries or any entries that for whatever reason are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
- By submitting your details, you agree to be contacted by Lone Star as well as third parties associated with this promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to alteration of entries. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this promotion.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promoter's systems and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, none of the Promoter or any of its officers, employees or agents, nor any of the Promoter’s franchisees or any of such franchisee’s officers, employees or agents, are liable for any loss, damage, or injury by or to any person in connection with this promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize. For the purposes of and under the Contracts (Privacy) Act 1982, the benefit of the provisions of this paragraph extends and applies to, and the provisions of this paragraph are intended to be enforceable by, all or any of the Promoter’s officers, employees and agents, the Promoter’s franchisees, and the officers, employees and agents of any such franchisee.
- Prize claim will be verified by the winner providing the Promoter with a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions, as full acceptance of the prize as well as proof of identity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the prize and the prize value at their discretion without prior notice.